At the beginning of 2021, the U.S. Congress passed the Corporate Transparency Act (CTA), which established new beneficial ownership reporting requirements for both existing companies and newly formed companies. Compliance will be crucial for all companies that fall within the scope of CTA and noncompliance or inaccurate compliance could lead to civil and criminal penalties.
- DAY: Monday, April 26, 2021
- TIME: 1:00-2:00PM Eastern (Noon to 1:00PM CDT)
Join Polsinelli to learn more about the CTA and how it may impact your business.
Background and overview of the Corporate Transparency Act:
- Which business entities are, and are not, exempted
- The personal information to be disclosed to FinCEN
- Reporting requirements and associated considerations
- The penalties for noncompliance or inaccurate compliance
- Bill Quick, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Peter Waltz, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Larry Harris, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Jeannine Campbell, Practice Group Paralegal Manager, Polsinelli
If you have questions or would like more information regarding this event, please contact webinars@polsinelli.