Effective November 16, 2017 home health, hospice and other Medicare and Medicaid-participating providers must meet extensive new emergency preparedness requirements, including the ability to demonstrate that they have:
- Developed an emergency plan for a full range of emergencies specific to their agency’s location;
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures based on the plan and risk assessment;
- Developed and maintain a communication plan compliant with state and federal law so patient care is properly coordinated with other providers, health departments and emergency systems; and
- Developed training and testing programs and participated in drills and exercises to test the plan.
To help you ensure timely compliance, the National Association for Home Care & Hospice, participating members of the NAHC Forum of State Associations, and RBC Limited are offering the following emergency preparedness product package — including the newly-revised HOME HEALTH CARE & HOSPICE EMERGENCY DISASTER WORKBOOK and its just-released companion THE DISASTER PREPAREDNESS TOOLKIT — for a SINGLE LOW PRICE of $324 that includes shipping and handling.
Home Health Care & Hospice Emergency Disaster Preparedness Manual
The manual includes:
- Key Elements of an Emergency Disaster Plan such as Task Force Development, Agency Self-Evaluation Checklist and a Hazard Vulnerability Analysis
- Sample Emergency Preparedness Plan covering Infection Control Surveillance, Communication Systems, Plan Activation, and Patient Care Planning
- Infection and Prevention, including a Sample Infection Control Plan
- Patient Education Materials/Tools
This manual is approximately 160 pages and arrives in a type-able PDF file. The agency does have the right to convert the file into a Word document to make it more customizable.
Disaster Preparedness Toolkit
This toolkit is a companion to the manual/workbook and was designed to assist agencies in complying with the CMS Federal Regulations for Disaster Preparedness. It includes:
- Sample policies for events such as evacuation, active shooters, ransomware, and transportation
- Checklists for PACE, home care and hospice for compliance- readiness
- Information related to HIPAA in a disaster, 1135 waivers, and cyber security
- Various documentation forms, including documentation for coalitions and partnerships, and staff location
This Toolkit is approximately 250 pages and arrives in a type-able PDF file. The agency does have the right to convert the file into a Word document to make it more customizable.
Both documents will be supplied on a single CD-ROM and contain model policies and procedures that can be downloaded and tailored to your agency’s needs! RBC Limited, the developer of these materials, is internationally known for its expertise in home care and hospice disaster preparedness. For additional information about RBC, please go to www.rbclimited.com.
|Click Here to take advantage of this offer and receive BOTH products for $324|