On March 30, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a proposed FY2023 rule providing guidance on projected payment rates for the coming year and forthcoming updates to the Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP). While the rule addresses “standard fare” for an annual payment rule, CMS did include some policy proposals that will benefit the hospice community, including a proposed cap on wage index losses from year to year and plans to solicit input on a Hospice Special Focus Program through the formal rulemaking process.
NAHC’s hospice experts will discuss these issues and share some hospice data and insights from the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission’s (MedPAC’s recent Report to Congress on Medicare Payment Policy.
- Discuss the proposed hospice payment rates and wage index changes planned for FY2023
- Describe forthcoming changes to the Hospice Quality Reporting Program
- Identify key policy issues in hospice care as outlined by MedPAC
- Theresa M. Forster, VP for Hospice Policy & Programs, NAHC
- Katie Wehri, Director of Home Health and Hospice Regulatory Affairs
Sponsored by NetHealth