- Thursday, July 14
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm ET
Please join The National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC), Polsinelli, and Home Care Association of America (HCAOA) for a legal update for the Home-Based Care Industry (home health, home care, and hospice providers).
We will provide a substantive overview of the latest state and federal legislative and regulatory developments impacting our industry, including a new Home Care Workforce Action Alliance initiative, new government investigations focused on non-solicitation and “no poach” provisions in client service agreements, and recent union organizing activity.
We will also provide an analysis of how some agencies are combatting rising labor costs by leveraging meal and lodging credits for live-in care and mitigating the impact of costs associated with rising gas prices.
Finally, we will discuss the parameters and best practices for obtaining Employee Retention Tax Credits and mitigating the risk of a future assessment of IRS penalties.
- Legislative updates on non-competes/non-solicits and government investigations related to no-poach and direct hire provisions in client agreements
- Updates on union organizing activity
- Use of 3M credit to defray cost of live-in services and strategies for addressing travel costs in light of rising gas prices and labor costs
- Updates on IRS activity around ERC tax credits and risk mitigation strategies
- Bill Dombi, President, NAHC
- Denise Delcore, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Angelo Spinola, Shareholder & Practice Co-Chair, Polsinelli
- Will Vail, Shareholder, Polsinelli
- Vicki Hoak, Executive Director, HCAOA