NAHC’s Private Duty Advisory Council monthly meeting on Wednesday, August 17th welcomed new Council members Corrin Callahan of HealthFirst Private Duty in Florida, as well as Julie Colter with Androscoggin Home Healthcare & Hospice in Maine.
Among the potential legislation being watched by NAHC is
- HR 2898 (the Home Care Services for Seniors Act),
- HR 2954 (the Enhancing American Retirement Act),
- HR 4826 (Domestic Workers Bill of Rights)
- S 4605/HR 8581 (Preserving Access to Home Health Act)
- S 2562 (Choose Home Care Act of 2021)
The Council shared challenges, best practices and other information related to Electronic Visit Verification and client signatures, arbitration agreement requirements, as well as addressing staff concerns about violence in the home care setting.
The Private Duty Advisory Council meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 3:00 PM ET/2:00 PM CT/1:00 PM MT/12:00 PM PT.
Interested in being part of the Council? Contact Kristen Wheeler at email@example.com.