- GO HERE to support the Better Care Better Jobs Act
On Wednesday, September 14, industry leaders from around the country joined NAHC staff in Washington, D.C. to urge Congress to support legislation that would, among other things, permanently increase the Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP) by 10% for Home-and Community-Based Services (HCBS) through Medicaid programs. The Better Care Better Jobs Act (S. 2210 / HR 4131) would further address patient and caregiver challenges by:
- Expanding HCBS services to include personal care, family supports, and respite;
- Annually address and update payment rates for HCBS, giving the public the opportunity for input;
- Develop workforce training opportunities;
- Make permanent the Money Follows the Person program
Recent data shows there are nearly five million Medicaid beneficiaries enrolled in HCBS programs, with approximately 820,000 individuals on waitlists. NAHC firmly supports a commitment from Congress to invest in HCBS in order for providers to begin to meet the growing demand for quality care in the home.
Click here to contact your elected officials and ask them to support the Better Care Better Jobs Act now!