The deadline for providers to request to submit a late Provider Relief Fund (PRF) Reporting Period 2 (RP2) report has been extended to May 18th at 11:59 pm ET. Providers may submit a request if certain extenuating circumstances prevented them from submitting their RP2 report by the initial deadline (March 31, 2022). Requests to submit a late report must be completed via the PRF Reporting Portal.
If you did not submit your Reporting Period 2 (RP2) report by the March 31, 2022 deadline, you may request to submit a late RP2 report if certain extenuating circumstances exist. Requests must be submitted by the May 18 deadline to be
considered. Providers who fail to take advantage of this opportunity will be required to return all funds in order to be compliant with Provider Relief Fund Terms and Conditions.
What reasons constitute extenuating circumstances?
- Severe illness or death – a severe medical condition or death of a provider or key staff member responsible for reporting hindered the organization’s ability to complete the report during the Reporting Period.
- Impacted by natural disaster – a natural disaster occurred during or in close proximity of the end of the Reporting Period damaging the organization’s records or information technology.
- Lack of receipt of reporting communications – an incorrect email or mailing address on file with HRSA prevented the organization from receiving instructions prior to the Reporting Period deadline.
- Failure to click “submit” – the organization registered and prepared a report in the PRF Reporting Portal, but failed to take the final step to click “submit” prior to deadline.
- Internal miscommunication or error – Internal miscommunication or error regarding the individual who was authorized and expected to submit the report on behalf of the organization and/or the registered point of contact in the PRF Reporting Portal.
- Incomplete Targeted Distribution payments – the organization’s parent entity completed all General Distribution payments, but a Targeted Distribution(s) was not reported on by the subsidiary.
Providers whose RP2 request is approved and who submit a completed report within the designated timeframe will be deemed in compliance with their reporting requirements and will not be required to return funds.
To submit a request:
- Complete registration in the PRF Reporting Portal prior to submitting a request. Providers who have already registered in the Portal do not need to register again. Registration instructions are on the PRF Reporting webpage.
- Submit a Request to Report Late Due to Extenuating Circumstances Form by May 18, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET. You must indicate and attest to a clear and concise explanation related to the applicable extenuating circumstance; however, supporting documentation will not be required.
- If HRSA approves the request, your organization will receive a notification to proceed with completing the RP2 report.
- If approved, you will have 10 days from the date you received the notification to submit a completed report in the PRF Reporting Portal.
For additional information, review the Request to Report Late Due to Extenuating Circumstances Webpage, or call the Provider Support Line at (866) 569-3522; for TTY dial 711. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Central Time, Monday