- Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 1:00–4:00 PM ET
Tabletop (R2 ONLY): Thursday, August 26, 2021, 1:00 –4:00 PM ET
Tabletop Registration (NY, NJ, PR, USVI ONLY)
Increasingly, frail older adults with complex health issues live alone in the community, far from their relatives and caregivers. Often they may depend on community service providers for support. This need increases during a disastrous event when critical services are disrupted, or the senior is impacted during a major disaster.
The Administration for Community Living and FEMA Region 2 have partnered on this workshop aimed at preparing Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) and other organizations that provide critical support services to senior citizens in their communities during a major disaster.
Who should attend?
- Emergency planners for nursing homes,
- assisted living facilities,
- senior community centers,
- senior housing,
- adult day care centers,
- home meal delivery services,
- charitable organizations, and
- others who provide services to senior citizens.
This event will include live captioning. If you need additional accommodations, email email@example.com.