The most recent episode of In the Trenches podcast, Bill Dombi, President of the National Association for Home Care & Hospice joins McDermott partner and program host Brian Stimson sits down with Michael Kimberly, co-chair of McDermott’s Supreme Court appellate practice, to the critical relationship between litigation and health care policy, including:
- Insights from Michael’s and Bill’s careers on the APA litigation side of health law
- How to engage with agencies to increase the likelihood of obtaining good policy outcomes without resorting to litigation
- Similarities between the rulemaking process and trial court proceedings, and the importance of appellate strategy to both
- Engagement with the Hill to help drive the outcome of the rulemaking process
- The challenges of litigation and parallel rulemaking
- Key cases to follow in 2022
You can listen to it on Apple Podcasts or anywhere you find your podcasts. Or, listen to it at the National Law Review website.